Consent for Periodontal Surgery
- After a detailed study of my mouth, the Doctor informed me that the best treatment for my mouth’s health is Periodontal Surgery.
- I understand that, after the surgery, I must follow these guidelines to have good results: good oral hygiene, minimizing the consumption of tobacco and alcohol and taking the prescribed medication.
- Inadequate oral hygiene, tobacco, and alcohol can affect the success of the surgery. For this reason, I understand that monitoring visits and periodic reviews are necessary.
- I have been informed of subsequent post-surgical tenderness, swelling of the surgical site, nerve injury and infection.
- I accept the risks inherent in the potential injection of local anaesthetic: possible hypersensitivities, prolonged anaesthesia, local damage puncture, hematoma, etc.
- During the surgery, unforeseen conditions may arise that require different procedures. Therefore, I authorize the Doctor to perform such procedures in her professional judgment, according to the treatment discussed in previous visits and always in my best interest.
- If graft material, such as bone grafts or membranes, is needed during the procedure, the cost will be added to your quotation as part of the intervention.